In honor of today being December 1st, and of the upcoming cookie-o-rama in our house... I present to you: Peanutty Bon-Bons! One of our favorite holiday treats. A simple little wrapped morsel of peanut butter goodness... Mmmm... The hubby can't be around these without eating a plate-full!
Courtesy of "Mom" Huck
1 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter (split)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
10 oz almond bark
about 50 of those little "bon-bon" wrappers (like a paper muffin wrapper but way smaller!)
1) Mix 2/3 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar.
2) Roll into small balls (marble size). Place the balls in the bon-bon cups and set on a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
3) Melt the almond bark and 2/3 cup peanut butter in a double boiler.
4) Spoon melted mixture over the balls in the bon-bon cups.
5) Chill to set.
Makes about 50 bon-bons!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. No internet at the office = working from home most of the day!
2. A good workout.
3. Taking less sinus medication today.
4. Getting our health insurance figured out for next year. Blech.
6. Advent calendars and little notes.
7. The hubby went grocery shopping - AND made dinner!
8. Sitting by the fire, talking about our days.
9. Good sales.
10. Skyping with Emily and Fin last night - I've been cracking up all day! (We played hide and seek with stuffed animals... Oh dear...)
Book Review: A.J. Fikry
7 hours ago