Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yummy Wednesday - Mom's Quiche

I thought I should take a break from dessert-like breakfasts and make something with eggs, cheese, and bacon... Yum. I love breakfast - and this is one of my favorites! I believe it originated from our family friends, the Bryants, in Colorado... and now we call it "Mom's Quiche." Either way, it's delish! And may whoever blessed our family with this recipe - be truly blessed in return!
Mom's Quiche

1 frozen pie crust (I use the deep dish crust)
3 eggs
3 tbsp flour
1/3 cup mayo
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices crumbled bacon
1 (10 oz) package frozen broccoli and cheese sauce (defrosted)
1 jar (2. oz) sliced mushrooms, drained

Bake pie crust for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, then remove from the oven.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs, flour, and mayo until well blended.
Add in cheese, bacon, broccoli and cheese, and mushrooms - mix well.
Fill the pie crust with the egg mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean (I always need to cook it much longer... maybe 50 minutes? Just keep an eye on it!)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin