Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yummy Wednesday - Bran Muffins

Bran muffins?!  Why waste space on my blog for bran muffins?!

Because... these are good.  Even my hubby eats them - and likes them (and they have raisins in them!).  Even the guys he works with LIKE them.  They are delish.  And they make tons of batter that keeps in the fridge for 6 weeks - so you can make small batches at a time and always have yummy, fresh muffins. 

They're sweet and moist - and great with some fresh fruit in the morning!

So stop grimacing and try some bran muffins.  You won't regret it.
6 Week Bran Muffins
From Mom's friend, Joannie Thorp

Makes 4 dozen (?  I'll let you know when I use up all my batter... still working on it!)

You'll need:
3 cups All Bran cereal
3 cups Raisin Bran
2 cups boiling water
1 cup melted shortening (or butter, I used butter)
3 cups sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 quart buttermilk
5 cups flour
5 teaspoons soda
2 teaspoons salt

To make:
1.  Pour 2 cups boiling water over 2 cups All Bran. Let stand, then mix in shortening (or butter).

2.  In a large bowl, mix the rest of bran (Raisin Bran and All Bran) with sugar, eggs, and buttermilk.

3.  In a seperate bowl, sift together flour, soda, and salt.

4.  Combine everything in a LARGE bowl.

5.  Pour into muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

This batter may be kept in the refrigerator up to 6 weeks. Use as little or as much as you want at one time.
 
Enjoy!

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Sunshine!
2.  My sister, Kayla's, last day of high school!
3.  Sugar snap peas.
4.  A day of busy work at my desk...  Yeah.  I kinda like those.
5.  Talking to the hubby at the end of a long day...
6.  Policemen.
7.  Compassionate people.
8.  Solitude.
9.  Haagen Daaz "Five" Ice Creams - especially coffee.  Yum.
10.  Looking forward to coffee with Tracie tomorrow!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin