"Prompt: New name.
Let's meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why?" (Author: Becca Wilcott)
Oh dear. No idea.
When I was a little kid, I wanted the name "Penny." Every time the neighbor kids played house or Barbies - my character was always "Penny." (I bet my boss would find this funny...)
Then, as I got a little older, I wanted the name "Sam." I loved the character "Jo" from "Facts of Life" - her tom-boyish, no-nonsense way of dealing with life. So, I wanted a cool "boy's name" too. I picked Sam because I liked "Samantha" too. (And eventually, one of my best girlfriends in college was a cool chick named Sam!)
But slowly... I started realizing that my name wasn't as stupid as I originally thought. When I was younger, I thought "Megan" was such a childish name (and could never imagine myself as an adult with that name!)... But sometime in my 20s, I decided it fit me. Friends have called me "Meg" and "Megs" and I like both of those nicknames - but all in all, "Megan" fits.
No need to change it. Not even for one day.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Open Sanctuary last night - I was asked to do a special one for people who needed a little quiet time during the holidays... so I did. And no one came. Oh well - it was a peaceful night for me!
3. Em had a baby boy yesterday! Welcome to the world, Sam! (And, oh, how I like that name!)
5. A fun night out - great food, great company, great music, and a picturesque snowy night!
6. I love being in the city on a snowy night... So pretty.
7. Amanda and my hubby get along so well. So fun to hang out with them both!
8. A wonderful night's sleep.
9. Loving this time of year.
10. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!
Book Review: Columbine
1 hour ago