Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yummy Wednesday - Herb Roasted Pork

Ohmygoodness. We were at my parents' house a couple of weeks ago... and Mom pulled this out of the oven. The aroma alone was delicious! Then the pork... and the glaze... Heaven. I don't think I've ever eaten so much at their house! I couldn't stop!

Do me a favor. Try this one. I can't imagine you wouldn't love it. (And if you don't, don't tell me. It would breakmy heart.  For you.  It would break my heart for you.  Because I want what is wonderful for you.)

Herb Roasted Pork

You will need:
3 tsp rubbed sage
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
olive oil
2 large pork tenderloins
1 1/2 cup sugar (brown or white - we used white)
3 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup water
6 tbsp soy sauce (or teriyaki - which we used)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

In a bowl, combine rubbed sage, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, and a small amount of olive oil - to make a pasty consistency.

Apply rub to the pork tenderloins.  Baked in the pre-heated oven, uncovered for approximately 2 hours (the pork should reach 150 degrees internally).

Meanwhile, combine sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water, and soy sauce or teriyaki in a small sauce pan.  Heat until bubbly and thickened slightly.

Brush the glaze over the tenderloins 30 minutes before they are done.  Save some to pour over the pork when serving!

(The glaze is great with mashed potatoes, too.  Just saying.)

Enjoy!

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Deep sleep.
2.  Advil.
3.  Getting an "A+" on my annual report.  Too funny.
5.  Oprah today.  Talking about "Food, Inc" the documentary and interviewing Michael Pollen.  Very interesting.
6.  Feed My Starving Children.  The hubby and I joined several other church members and 70+ other people to bag 15,000+ meals tonight that will feed 44 kids in Haiti for a year!  Awesome.
7.  Getting to know more fun church members!
8.  Enjoying the fun with my hubby.
9.  Planning our cooking for this weekend - and leftovers for next week.  Yum.
10.  Vodka tonics.  Mmmm...

5 comments:

Mom said...

Mmmmm--now I'm hungry---it really is one of the best recipes!!!!

Carol E. said...

I watched Oprah today, too. I'm becoming more interested in this whole food topic...... that recipe sounds good. When I retire I'm going to do more cooking! I can hardly wait.

Unknown said...

You know I am going to make the pork.. yummy...Is pork a red meat? lol

Jill said...

I found Food, Inc. fascinating, and a bit overwhelming. I really made me review where I buy my food and what I buy - from packaging (which TJ's is not so good about, unfortunately) to how the food is raised and processed. I especially liked the story of the urban garden community in Detroit. Shows how one person can truly make a difference, and that it's OK for a difference to start with a small group of people.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Sounds yummy...curiosity peaked. I'll report back once I've made it! :) Thanks for the recipe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin