Sunday, December 19, 2010

Healing

"Prompt: Healing.

What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?"  (Author:  Leoni Allan)
--reverb10.com

I think this blog continues to be a source of healing for me...  A place to record what I am thankful, to write down thoughts and feelings about things currently happening - or things I am looking forward to in the future, to reminisce about the past and record memories, a place to laugh and cry, a place to make new friends and connect with old friends, a place to begin discussions about the meaning of life - and keep them going!

All of these things keep me from being cynical and negative about the things that challenge me. When things get rough, I force myself to look on the bright side - and life does get easier!  When I'm down, someone always comes through to cheer me up!  When I look back on old posts, I'm reminded of all the amazing things I have been privileged to experience - and realize what a great life I have!  I'm reminded of the beautiful people in my life.  And sometimes, it's even a way to remind myself of the faith that sustains me.

For many, the idea of a blog seems silly and self-promoting.  For me, it's been a tool towards growth and gratitude - and love of life!  It's a reminder everyday to sit down, count my blessings, and record those moments and things I've learned that I don't want to forget...  It's a gift to me and for me - and it heals me bit by bit everyday.


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Our church choir's Christmas performance - nice work!
2.  Doing a nativity scene scavenger hunt with the little kids at church - too funny!
3.  My confirmation class - so fun!
4.  Going to see "Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" - I loved it!
5.  Lunch with a youth group kid and my hubby - very fun!
6.  Buying our dog her Christmas present...  Ha ha ha.
7.  The final presents are wrapped and sent.  Uffda.
8.  Making reservations for a fun night out on Thursday.
9.  Watching "Toy Story 3" - I didn't cry!  But it was cute - and good.
10.  More snow is on its way!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin