What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?" (Author: Leoni Allan)
I think this blog continues to be a source of healing for me... A place to record what I am thankful, to write down thoughts and feelings about things currently happening - or things I am looking forward to in the future, to reminisce about the past and record memories, a place to laugh and cry, a place to make new friends and connect with old friends, a place to begin discussions about the meaning of life - and keep them going!
All of these things keep me from being cynical and negative about the things that challenge me. When things get rough, I force myself to look on the bright side - and life does get easier! When I'm down, someone always comes through to cheer me up! When I look back on old posts, I'm reminded of all the amazing things I have been privileged to experience - and realize what a great life I have! I'm reminded of the beautiful people in my life. And sometimes, it's even a way to remind myself of the faith that sustains me.
For many, the idea of a blog seems silly and self-promoting. For me, it's been a tool towards growth and gratitude - and love of life! It's a reminder everyday to sit down, count my blessings, and record those moments and things I've learned that I don't want to forget... It's a gift to me and for me - and it heals me bit by bit everyday.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Our church choir's Christmas performance - nice work!
2. Doing a nativity scene scavenger hunt with the little kids at church - too funny!
3. My confirmation class - so fun!
4. Going to see "Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" - I loved it!
5. Lunch with a youth group kid and my hubby - very fun!
6. Buying our dog her Christmas present... Ha ha ha.
7. The final presents are wrapped and sent. Uffda.
8. Making reservations for a fun night out on Thursday.
9. Watching "Toy Story 3" - I didn't cry! But it was cute - and good.
10. More snow is on its way!
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta by Erica
1 day ago