Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yummy Wednesday - Artichoke Pizza with Feta and Thyme

Here's another favorite - it looks pretty and fancy, and is oh-so-good! It sounds strange, but give it a try, it's yummy! This one comes from that (giggle) cookbook: The New Intercourses, an aphrodisiac cookbook, by Martha Hopkins and Randall Lockridge.

Artichoke Pizza with Feta and Thyme

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small red bell pepper (sliced into thin rings)
1/2 small yellow bell pepper (sliced into thin rings)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (9 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
1 (12 inch) pre-made pizza crust
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

(We tend to use 3 bell peppers - red, yellow and orange, and dice them up so they fit! We also use the low-fat versions of the cheeses and mayonnaise; and we love the pizza crust from Trader Joe's - it has more herbs in the crust so it's PACKED with flavor! Oh! And the more crushed red pepper you use, the spicier it's gonna get - so be careful!)

Preheat the oven to 450 degreess. Add the olive oil to a medium skillet set over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper rings and saute for 3 minutes, or until just tender. Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic. Cook another 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant but not browned.

Combine the mayonnaise, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and artichoke hearts in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.

Place the pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread the artichoke mixture evenly over the crust and top with the bell pepper rings and garlic. Sprinkle with the cheeses and thyme. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted and bubbly.

Makes about 4 servings.

Enjoy!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Waking up ready to go.
2. Day 3 of Bible reading. 87 to go.
3. Beth's notes. So nice. And so appreciated.
4. Book group prayers for my family.
5. Andrea stepping in for me this week.
6. Visiting Dad today. Watching Ghostbusters and laughing about silly stuff.
7. McDonalds. I can't believe I just said that - but I needed a quick lunch I could eat in the car today.
8. Both Emilys in my life. My friend for her worried calls, my sister for her support.
9. A goldfinch on my 2nd story window - stopping by to say hi and make me smile.
10. Getting almost all of my work done before I leave town... Might need to take some with me.

3 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

Mmmmm....back to tempting me on a weekly basis? That looks REALLY good! Makes me start to think we should publish a church cookbook!

Unknown said...

I am drooling! I love pizza... and especially those with lots of flavor!

Bebesboutique said...

Oh Ymmy! I think I will have to look around for that cook book! Giggle giggle No kids at home any more and we LOVE our food. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin