Over a year ago, we started getting our meat from True Cost Farms. Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, eggs... It's all good! Occasionally, they send out suggested recipes for the cuts of meat we get - and this was in the newsletter this month. Delish!
2-3 links Chorizo sausage, sliced
7 or 8 small potatoes, chopped
2 bell peppers (we used red and green), sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 jalapeno, sliced
Olive oil for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drizzle an iron skillet with olive oil, and when heated add the potato chunks. Cook til browned, then place in the oven at 375 degrees. Let cook for 30 minutes, maybe...
2. Drizzle another skillet with olive oil, add the peppers and onion. Cook til tender, but not soggy.
3. Add the potatoes and sausage to the peppers and onions. Cook til the sausage is warmed up.
4. And a little salt and pepper - and waa-la!
This made 4 servings for us, served with some homemade bread and a little Pinot Grigio.
Things I am thankful for today:
2. Pumpkin cupcakes.
5. True Cost Farms.
6. Getting plane tickets to visit my sister and her family in Idaho!
7. Cute trick-or-treaters.
9. People reaching out to help Hurricane Sandy victims.
10. Our dog' shennanigans. They always make us laugh.