Friday, December 17, 2010

Lesson Learned

"Prompt: Lesson learned.

What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?"  (Author:  Tara Weaver)
--reverb10.com

I think I was surprised to find out that I can lead and inspire other people through talking about my own challenges and actions!
 
I don't exactly think of myself as doing anything unusual or having a life that is anything but ordinary...  Yet, at work (at a church), when I talk about pushing myself outside of my comfort zone - other people tell me that it inspired them to do something similar! When I share a challenge I made for myself to reach out to others in a practical way - I hear stories of other people being inspired to do the same!  When I share my own ways of talking about faith and living with faith - I'm surprised to learn of other people seeing what works for them, and then reporting back to me!
 
It's been a wonderful year of feeling validated for all the ways I try to "put myself out there" in order to lead, teach, and grow.  For the first time, I don't feel like just a kid anymore - I feel like I do have something to share, I am worth listening to, and I LOVE the challenge of figuring out the best way to go about it!
 
My lesson? It's cool to be a grown-up.  Ha ha ha.  It's easy to look at birthdays and new years as another step to getting older...  More responsibilities, more problems, more ickiness.  But, I'm happy to be the age I am - because with it comes experience, wisdom, and having stories to share.
 
I like being a person that has a life to share - and always seeking people to share it with!
 
 
Things I am thankful for today:
 
1.  A year of growth.
2.  The realization that people see me for me - and trust what I have to say!
3.  A morning of rest.
4.  A day of baking, baking, baking!
5.  Choosing to stay home tonight.
6.  Cozying up by the fire after dinner.
7.  The hubby's help with Christmas prep!
8.  The hubby telling me to stop for the night, and relax.
9.  Emergen-C.
10.  Loving who I am and where I am at this moment in my life.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin