Here's a new favorite recipe... We've been making them since Christmas, and they're quite addicting! I could eat them everyday. Seriously.
But you need to like SPICY. If not, read no further... (And I'm sorry for your loss.)
Stuffed Jalapenos Drizzled with Raspberry Jelly
4 fresh jalapenos
Cream cheese (I use low fat)
4 slices of bacon (I like using center-cut)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut the stem off the jalapenos, and slice in half the longways. Depending on how HOT you like them, use a spoon to dig out the seeds and veins. (With us, sometimes even when we dig out ALL the seeds and veins, the pepper itself is really HOT! So be ready...)
3) Spoon some cream cheese into each pepper half - be generous, it will help with the heat!
4) Cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap each pepper with half a slice of bacon - and secure with a toothpick. Place wrapped peppers on a broiler pan.
5) Bake for about 10 minutes. Watching to make sure not to over cook.
6) Then, broil for a couple of minutes to crsip the bacon.
7) Remove the peppers from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Drizzle each pepper with raspberry jelly...
Oh dear Lord! Eat, and eat, and eat - and maybe sweat... And Enjoy!
(This recipes makes 8 stuffed peppers - the hubby and I can eat that many by ourselves... But I would suggest 2-3 halves per person, until you become addicted...)
In No Particular Order by Ree
12 hours ago