What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today." (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
Connection. I'm hoping, in the next year, to find ways to connect to my family, my neighborhood, the community I live in, my work community, new and old friends, and to the larger world. I want to deepen relationships, form new relationships, and find ways to continue bringing kindness and respect into our world.
I've started some small steps this past year - and am ready to make this the focus of the new year! I'm looking forward to laughing with new friends, listening and empathizing with old friends, being inspired by the wonderful people that surround me, and continuing to be amazed at how we affect one another - and pass it on!
Here are 10 steps I am taking to begin living with a deeper sense of CONNECTION:
1. Boom Boom cards! An "intentional kindness kit" - very cool. I'm starting it this week!
2. Beginning a new volunteering position at The Listening House. I'm so excited!
3. Looking for a yoga class - good for the soul, body, and hopefully meeting some new people in my community.
4. Looking for a book group that meets in the town where I live.
5. Re-joining Weight Watchers. (I have to admit, the meetings do have a sense of community for those of us struggling with similar issues!)
6. Being intentional about seeing friends and family on a regular basis.
7. Being intentional about continuing to reach out to our neighbors - a spring party of yard games and BBQ may be in the works!
8. Continuing to find new connections through the blogging world.
9. Being more intentional about talking with strangers!
10. Continuing daily reading and writing on this blog - it challenges me to think about and be grateful for the life I have and the choices I make... It gives me the courage to put goals and desires into words - and make plans to acheive them!
So there we go! CONNECTION is my word of the year - and my goal of the year. And I think my 10 steps to getting there are my 10 things I am thankful for today!
What is your goal for the year?
Bibimbap (비빔밥) by Erica
47 minutes ago