Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yummy Wednesday - Chicken Tacos

This is one of those recipes that I love - but forget how much I love - until I make them again. I was craving them Monday night, so I went and got the ingredients and wa-la! So good and easy on a hot summer day!Chicken Tacos (from the December 2005 issue of Real Simple magazine.)

1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
2 cups store-bought red or green salsa (this just makes it quick and easy - we've used homemade fresh salsa, too!)
8 taco shells, or tortillas (I like soft tacos!)
1 cup grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
8 sprigs fresh cilantro
1/2 cup sour cream
1 avocado
1 lime, quartered
Remove the meat from the chicken and shred.

Heat the salsa in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and heat until warmed through.

Fill the taco shells or tortillas with the chicken mixture and top with the cheese and cilantro.

Serve with the sour cream, avocado, and lime wedges on the side.
Enjoy!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. My flowers are thriving!
2. Cleaning out my old office.
3. Trying a new recipe for dinner
- Caribbean Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Pineapple. Yum!
4. Vosges Chocolate - dark chocolate with ginger, wasabi and black sesame seeds. Delish.
5. An evening with the hubby.
6. The dog's unending energy - as annoying as it is, it's kinda cute, too!
7. "Tea Tree Tingle" body wash from Trader Joe's - perfect on a hot day!
8. Bailey's Nursery, across the street - all the flowers are in bloom. It's so pretty to drive by everyday!
9. Turning the AC off- even if only for about 24 hours!
10. Google.com.

3 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

YUM-O! You always make me hungry on Wednesdays. :)

Unknown said...

I could never figure out how to do the chicken! Thanks!

Carol E. said...

Your flowers look FANTASTIC!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin