Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yumminess - Banana Almond Smoothie

Mmmm...  I saw this recipe on the TV talk show, "The Chew," and knew I had to try it!  I've been looking for a new yummy, healthy, smoothie recipe.

It's sweet, but not too sweet.  Filling, but not too filling.  And smooth.  And creamy.  And cold.  And delicious!

Banana Almond Smoothie from Daphne Oz on "The Chew"


Need:
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I use non-fat)
1 banana
1 Tbsp almond butter (I use slightly salted, creamy)
1 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla-flavored)
1 tsp psyllium husks (I use Metamucil- coarse, non-flavored)
1/4 cup almond milk

Blend it all together.  If you'd like it a little sweeter, add a dash of honey. 
Then, add a few ice cubes and blend again.

It's that easy!

Enjoy!


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  These smoothies.  I look forward to them!
2.  My blender.  It makes us happy.  Smoothies and malts.  Yum.
3.  Strawberry vanilla jam.  Homemade.  Yes, please.
4.  Learning new things.
5.  Reading up on Yellowstone.  So excited for our vacation.
6.  The book, "Take This Bread," by Sara Miles.  Loved it!
7.  Highlighters and post-its.
8.  Living in a neighborhood with a nice pool.  I will miss this if we ever move.
9.  Google.
10.  My new picture ($5.99 at Michael's - and it makes me smile!).
("Find joy in the journey...  Relish each day as you live it.")

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin