It's sweet, but not too sweet. Filling, but not too filling. And smooth. And creamy. And cold. And delicious!
Banana Almond Smoothie from Daphne Oz on "The Chew"
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I use non-fat)
1 Tbsp almond butter (I use slightly salted, creamy)
1 scoop protein powder (I use vanilla-flavored)
1 tsp psyllium husks (I use Metamucil- coarse, non-flavored)
1/4 cup almond milk
Blend it all together. If you'd like it a little sweeter, add a dash of honey.
Then, add a few ice cubes and blend again.
It's that easy!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. These smoothies. I look forward to them!
3. Strawberry vanilla jam. Homemade. Yes, please.
5. Reading up on Yellowstone. So excited for our vacation.
6. The book, "Take This Bread," by Sara Miles. Loved it!
7. Highlighters and post-its.
8. Living in a neighborhood with a nice pool. I will miss this if we ever move.
10. My new picture ($5.99 at Michael's - and it makes me smile!).
("Find joy in the journey... Relish each day as you live it.")