Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yummy Wednesday - Sweet and Salty Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Andrea from The Little Collection reminded me of my deep love of chocolate chip cookies this week (check out the picture of how her hubby set the table on Sunday - a man after my own heart!). So, in honor of cookies, I share with you my favorites:

Sweet and Salty Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the March 2007 Cooking Light magazine.1/3 cup coarsely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or a little more...)
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Cooking spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place nuts in a small baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; cool.
3. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda, stirring well with a whisk.
4. Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well-blended (about 2 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat until combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Stir in peanuts, chocolate chips, and salt.
5. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (they will look slightly undone - but they will be perfect!). Cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

Makes 38 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)

Calories: 61 Fat: 2.4g Protein: .9g Carb: 9.2g Fiber: .3g Chol: 9mg Sodium: 48mg

(And now... since I don't have a picture of these yummy delights... I will NEED (wink wink) to bake some tonight and load the pictures later...)
Things I am thankful for today:

1. Pastor Penny's caring heart.
2. A short and sweet staff meeting.
3. Thunderstorms!
4. Bluebirds right outside my window!
5. Pioneer Woman's Baked Lemon Pasta - I tried it for dinner tonight. FABulous! (It earned me lots of kisses from the hubby tonight... Highly recommended!)
6. LOST.
7. Chocolate chip cookies, of course!
8. Summer schedule is almost set!
9. A new Max Lucado book... I haven't read one in a long time. They're so uplifting!
10. A good cry. Sometimes we just need one.
11. Tickets to a Jason Mraz concert... Yippee!

6 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

Mmmm....cookies. I love chocolate chip cookies, but even more then that, I love the cookie dough. I also continue to love food on your blog. :)

Unknown said...

yumm I made a batch of Tollhouse the other day and they are gone and I am the only that eats them...oy vay!

Mom said...

I was thinking of trying that recipe for the pasta--I will have to try it!!! I won't tell Kayla to read this---she thinks I don't know----

Megs said...

Ha ha ha. Mom is so funny...

Melissa Kaye said...

I love good cries. It really can be cleansing.

Andrea, the little collector said...

Now I'm going to have to make these yummy cookies too! It is just chocolate chip cookie MONTH, I swear!!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin