Another favorite Trim and Terrific recipe from Holly Clegg!
Warning: This one can be pretty rich for some people... But if you like chocolate, you'll LOVE it!
Mocha Fudge Mousse Pie
For the pie:
1/3 cup warm water
1 tsp instant coffee
1 (19.85 oz) box reduced-fat or regular fudge brownie mix
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional - I make it without)
Mousse (recipe below)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small cup, stir together the warm water and coffee until dissolved.
In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, coffee misture, egg whites, and vanilla, stirring with a spoon until well mixed. Stir in the pecans. Pour the batter into the prepared pie plate. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cake is set in the pan. Do not overbake.
Cool on a wire rack. Spread with Chocolate Mousse (see recipe below), and top with the coffee-flavored whipped topping (instructions below). Refrigerate until serving. (I find it sets up perfectly if I make it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.)
For the Chocolate Mousse:
3/4 cup skim milk
2 tbsp coffee liqueur, divided (We like using Kahlua or Bailey's Irish Cream.)
1 tsp instant coffee
1 (4 serving) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
1 (8 oz) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
In a large bowl, stir together the milk, 1 tbsp coffee liqueur, and coffee until the coffee is dissolved. Add the pudding mix, and beat at the high speed of a mixer for 1 minute, or until thick. Gently fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled brownie crust.
Combine the remaining 1 tbsp coffee liqueur with the remaining half of the whipped topping, mixing gently. Spread over the pudding mixture on the pie.
If you want to make it really pretty, sprinkle chocolate shavings on the top!
Makes 8-10 very small servings...
Calories: 348, Protein: 5g, Carbs: 66g, Fat: 7g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 361mg
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Staff meeting at both churches today. I feel totally caught up now!
2. Hot air balloons - we're seeing them pretty regularly from our "walk route."
3. Hitting easy traffic both ways to go get my little sister (she's staying with us this weekend).
4. Kayla, my sister, FINALLY figured out my surprise for her. I got tickets to a Jason Mraz concert in August for her and I. It took her over a month to figure it out... ha ha ha.
5. Taco salad. I cannot believe I like tacos now! (I used to hate them! It just took using bison meat and chipotle seasoning to change my whole world!)
6. Going for a walk with the hubby, Kayla and the 2 dogs... Craziness.
7. Chocolate banana malts.
8. Going to bed early.
9. The dogs getting along. (They're half sisters - there can be a bit of sibling rivalry!)
10. The hubby starting to clean the house. Thank you!
In No Particular Order by Ree
12 hours ago