Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Prompts

My friend, Jill, has started a new endeavor this Advent Season - and it makes me smile.  And I want to be part of it, too.  The ideas came from memories of opening an Advent calendar everyday when she was young - something that has been on my mind a lot lately, too.  (I bought an Advent "house" with doors for each day a few years ago.  I leave notes or goodies in each day for my hubby, in hopes that he might do the same...  Our own little romantic, fun way to celebrate the season...  But he usually doesn't catch on til about Dec. 19th...  So, I don't know that it's had the fun effect I had hoped for.  Ha ha ha.)

I loved having a new quote to read, a surprise joke, or a treat each morning during Advent.  I love taking a moment each day to think about the season and be surprised at what it might bring my way that day.

So I love the idea of this new project. 

"And here's the project happening right now: reverb10. I highly recommend taking 2 minutes to sign up to receive emails for this month-long daily prompting extravaganza. Amazing energy is out there, friends. It's time to tune into it.

Here's the December 1 reverb10 prompt:
One Word.

Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)"

If you go to reverb10 and sign up, they will send you an email each day with a prompt.  A question, a suggestion of something to do, etc.  I'll be doing it - and talking about it here each day.  And I'm really excited about it!  (You can play along, too - even if you don't blog!  Feel free to leave comments on mine, sharing your experiences!  I'd love to have some company in this adventure!)

So here goes:  December 1st
One Word (for 2010, and 2011)

2010:  COURAGE.  I feel like this has been a year of me stepping outside of my comfort zone in many ways!  Going to gatherings I would have shied away from in the past, leading groups and events that would have intimidated me, taking risks that pushed me to try new things, asking for help and support when I wasn't sure I knew how  - just putting myself out there in ways that made me vulnerable and nervous.  And with WONDERFUL results!  New friends, life-changing experiences, deeper faith and trust in myself and God...  It's been a great year!

2011:  LESS.  A weird word to strive for in the coming year, I know.  But I want to live on less, so that we can give more away.  I want to schedule less, so that we can volunteer and live a simpler life.  I want to spend less time watching tv and playing on the computer - there's so much more to life than this.  I want to focus less on material things and more on living a better story.  I'm hoping to focus on "less" so that life can be "more!"

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin