Oh yeah! I spent Saturday evening trying something entirely new - prepping 8 meals to put in bags in the freezer... that would one day go in a crock pot! (Not usually my thing...) But, the meals looked good and the price was right, and the timing was good - so we decided to try it out!
And with much trepidation, yesterday we heated up the first meal. BBQ Spare Ribs.
And it was GOOD. Really good. Hubby couldn't stop smiling.
So here it is - I'll share it with you!
Slow-Cooker BBQ Spare Ribs from www.sixsistersstuff.com
1-2 lbs of country-style pork ribs
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1 1/2 Tablespoons seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1) Place pork in resealable gallon-sized freezer bag.
2) Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl and pour over pork. Mix together in bag and zip closed.
3) When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours.
4) Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours.
We then shredded the meat and ate it on hamburger buns, with a side of mashed potatoes. Delish!
Makes about 6 servings.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A quiet day at work.
2. Getting things done.
3. Excited about this season of giving to charities!
4. So happy how the election turned out!
5. So proud of my state for voting NO to the marriage amendment and the voter id amendment!
6. A funny phone message from my sister.
7. The lovely people that support me in my charity work.
9. Happy hours.