Well, it's that time of year! I'm cravin pumpkin pie like crazy! I made two for a church dinner and one... well, one just because. And it was good!
Mom's Pumpkin Pie
1 can pumpkin (we use "Libby's" - make sure you get the un-seasoned!)
1 can Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 deep dish pie shell (yep - I use frozen)
1) Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2) Transfer into the pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
3) When the pie is done, turn the oven off and open the door - the pie will settle better this way (and look pretty!)
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Ideas for a sermon.
2. Getting in touch with more kids from my elementary school days!
3. Working from home for part of the day - dog on my lap and all!
4. More cleaned out closets!
5. A new yummy dinner - gnocchi with sage butter sauce - Delish!
6. Leftover pumpkin pie!
7. Another warm day - 67 degrees in November!
8. The hubby cleaned up the kitchen AND the bathrooms!
9. Watching the Country Music Awards with the hubby and the dog.
10. Looking forward to the farmers' market this weekend - probably the last time this year...
cheesecake bars with all the berries
13 hours ago