Thursday, December 9, 2010

Journey

I didn't relate to, or like, the 'prompt' for today, so I thought I'd share a quote from my reading this morning instead...

"Each human life is the journey from childhood to a realized adult life.  Each day is a journey out of darkness into light.  Each friendship and love is the intimate journey where the soul is born and grows.  The journey is the drama of the heart's voyage into the tide of possibilities which open before it.  Indeed, a book is a path of words which takes the heart in new directions...

"...In its encounter with us beauty invites our dignity and graciousness.  Often it beckons us from afar but holds us off until our hearts become more refined and receptive; then beauty draws us into her mysterious invisible embrace."
--John O'Donohue, "Beauty"

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Sales, sales, sales!
2.  Chocolate Special K cereal.
3.  Being crafty at work today.
4.  Feed My Starving Children - we made enough meals to feed 27 kids for a year, tonight!
5.  Getting to see a former youth group kid tonight.  So fun, Kayla!
6.  Seat warmers in my car.  Ahhh.... the luxury!
7.  Soup.
8.  A cuddly poodle.
9.  This clip.  Awesome.
10.  A street FULL of Christmas lights!  (I'll post pictures when I go back for a second look!)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin