"December 2: Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)"
Tv. I watch too much tv. I've been really good this week - celebrating Advent by not turning on the tv in the morning. And actually... We haven't been watching it in the evening much, either.
I think it's an easy distraction. The noise fills the room and makes you, somehow, in a weird way, feel connected to the rest of the world.
The sad part is, I don't enjoy much of what I watch. The canned laughter sounds sad to me. I find myself comparing my life to the ones on tv (even though I know it's not reality).
Since we've been keeping the tv off more, I've been reading (for FUN) again; the hubby and I have been enjoying hanging out by the fireplace and listening to good music and talking about our days; I've been getting the house - and myself - in the holiday spirit; I've been exercising again; I've been writing more... Life is better without canned pictures, fake lives, and obnoxious noise.
Hmmm... The hubby asked last week why we even have a tv... We might have to think about it a little more... (Although... I do like an occasional movie!)
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A dog that wakes me up at the same time everyday. So much better than a traditional alarm clock!
2. Neti pots. (Cheryl, I giggle everytime I use it and think of you! Ha!)
4. Orange juice.
5. A sunny day.
6. This "prompting" experience.
7. The hubby cleaned up the kitchen last night! Woo-hoo!
8. Getting to be "crafty" at work today.
9. Dinner plans with a bunch of people from church - sounds fun!
10. Andy Williams Christmas music.
Thank You, Presley! by The Pioneer Woman
4 hours ago