Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing

"December 2: Writing.

What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)"
--reverb10

Tv.  I watch too much tv.  I've been really good this week - celebrating Advent by not turning on the tv in the morning.  And actually...  We haven't been watching it in the evening much, either.

I think it's an easy distraction.  The noise fills the room and makes you, somehow, in a weird way, feel connected to the rest of the world. 

The sad part is, I don't enjoy much of what I watch.  The canned laughter sounds sad to me.  I find myself comparing my life to the ones on tv (even though I know it's not reality). 

Since we've been keeping the tv off more, I've been reading (for FUN) again; the hubby and I have been enjoying hanging out by the fireplace and listening to good music and talking about our days; I've been getting the house - and myself - in the holiday spirit; I've been exercising again; I've been writing more...  Life is better without canned pictures, fake lives, and obnoxious noise.

Hmmm...  The hubby asked last week why we even have a tv...  We might have to think about it a little more...  (Although... I do like an occasional movie!)

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  A dog that wakes me up at the same time everyday.  So much better than a traditional alarm clock!
2.  Neti pots.  (Cheryl, I giggle everytime I use it and think of you!  Ha!)
3.  Yoga.
4.  Orange juice.
5.  A sunny day.
6.  This "prompting" experience.
7.  The hubby cleaned up the kitchen last night!  Woo-hoo!
8.  Getting to be "crafty" at work today.
9.  Dinner plans with a bunch of people from church - sounds fun!
10.  Andy Williams Christmas music.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin