6oz cream cheese, room temperature
4 tbsp light brown sugar, divided
2/3 cups coarsely chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 (8 count) package refrigerated crescent rolls
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Blend the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a bowl. Fold in the strawberries.
Unfold the crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles, smoothing the dough together along the diagonal dotted line. Divide the strawberry mixture among the 4 pieces, spooning onto the bottom half of the rectangle. Fold the dough over and crimp the edges with your fingers or the tines of a fork.
Bake the rolls for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush the cooked empanadas with melted butter, and dust with the remaining brown sugar before serving.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. I'm caught up with the blog! Yeah!
2. Going in to work a little later today. So nice.
3. Some good meetings at work today - good ideas, fun people!
4. Getting home early and going out to dinner at San Pedro - our favorite!
5. Coconut scallop pasta - my new favorite at our restaurant. Mmm...
6. Going for a walk when I thought I was too tired. Good idea.
7. Our driveway got sealed today - looks nice!
8. Going out of town tomorrow. Visiting friends in Illinos - so fun!
9. My camera is getting fixed... so there won't be new pictures for a couple of weeks... but it will be MUCH better when it comes back!
10. The sound of crickets - a nice summer evening.