Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yummy Wednesday - Cedar-Planked Salmon

Mmmm - if you like salmon, here's a recipe you will LOVE! The hubby and I don't even order salmon at restaurants anymore... We just make our own!

Grilled Cedar-Planked Salmon

1 salmon filet
1 tbsp margarine (we use Brummel and Brown)
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to season
2 tbsps brown sugar (we use light brown sugar, but I'm sure dark would be fine, too!)
1 cedar plank

1. Soak your cedar plank for 1 hour in water. (Yes, an actual piece of cedar wood! You can buy them at most grocery stores, and especially speciality cooking stores.)
2. Get the grill going - you'll want it at about medium heat.
3. Pat the salmon filet dry with a paper towel. Melt the margarine.
4. Mix together the margarine and lemon juice. Using a basting brush, cover the salmon filet with the margarine and lemon juice. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste. And sprinkle with the brown sugar.
5. Place the cedar plank on the grill, just long enough to heat up the underside, then flip over and place the salmon filet on the cedar plank, on the grill.
6. Grill over medium heat for up to 20 minutes, or until done - fish should be flakey. Don't flip the fish - it will cook through on the plank!
Makes 3-4 servings. (We love to serve it with mashed potatoes and asparagus, and maybe a ciabatta roll! One of our favorite dinners!)

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A cool, rainy day - it kind of matched my mood.
2. Napping with the dog in a warm blanket.
3. Mashed potatoes for lunch.
4. Notes from Em.
5. The hubby taking care of my car - oil change, tires rotated, and a bath!
6. Sushi for dinner. Yum.
7. A long, hot shower.
8. The hubby making me a chocolate banana malt.
9. Coffee with Rebecca G.
10. Looking forward to a fun dinner out tomorrow.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What??? No earth worms? The salmon looks good...someday I will have to try it! And I do really appreciate other food...just not Ethiopian...

Megs said...

LOL I know you appreciate food, Beth! I got it! ;) And watch around next April for the earthworm recipes... I just need to try some out! LOL

Mom said...

Hmmmmm......sounds familiar!!!!

Bebesboutique said...

Sounds wonderful to me! Thanks for the recipe.

Melissa Kaye said...

Ah, finally something that doesn't tempt me to eat! I've tried fish so many times in hopes of liking it and just can't.

I'll wait for the earth worm recipes! :) LOL

Jill said...

Hey Megan - the salmon looks great (and no stinky house after since it's on the grill - even better!) Can you reuse the cedar plank, or is it too charred after one use?

Megs said...

Yes! You can re-use the plank! We use them 2 or 3 times, I think. Just make sure you soak it really good, and wash it off afterwards.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin