We had our farewell breakfast with everyone this morning - lots of hugs and "See ya in two years!" I hope so - I really do!
Then, Mom and Dad and Mike and I crammed into their little car and began the drive back to Denver. We took a couple of side roads... Driving through Loveland Pass (there were still skiers at Arapahoe Basin!), driving through Red Rocks, and through the towns of Evergreen and Morrison... A beautiful drive.
(You can't see the specks in this picture... But there are skiers on that mountain!)
(Arapahoe Basin - slopes are open!)
(Lunch in the town of Morrison, near Red Rocks. Beso Latina - best sweet potato fries EVER!)
Then, to the airport we went. Once again, an uneventful trip home. And since all went smoothly, we drove out to my parents' house to pick up our dog first thing. Wow, was she excited!
We got home around 10:30pm... The house was quiet and a nice breeze was coming in. As I crawled into bed, I have to admit, it was very nice to be home...
But I may be dreaming of Colorado for awhile...
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Safe travel.
2. Beautiful places.
3. Looking forward to the nest reunion!
4. A chat with my sister, on the phone, at the airport.
5. Pictures of my grandparents when they were younger than I am now - very fun!
6. So many interesting people in our family...
7. Brainstorming possibilities for our next vacation...
8. Picking up our dog - lots of kisses!
9. Kayla's surprised text at what we paid her... Kind of fun.
10. Crawling into our own bed with clean sheets... So nice to be home!