Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friendship

"Prompt: Friendship.

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?"  (Author:  Martha Mihalick)
--reverb10.com

I have some pretty incredible, brave ladies in my life.  For the life of me, I couldn't think of one person who has changed my view on the world - but they have ALL inspired me this year!

Some are breaking out and trying new things - pushing themselves to take risks and push themselves beyond their comfort zones.

Some are changing the world with their compassion and generosity!

Some are choosing joy and thankfulness!

Some are making the world a better place by being amazing mothers to their young kids - my heart just breaks open with joy when I see their love and devotion surrounding these beautiful children!

Some are starting new jobs, going back to school, moving to new places, making new commitments...  It all takes courage and guts!  And they do it with grace!

I'm inspired all the time at the people I surround myself with - at the grace and joy with which they jump into life.  They continually challenge me to be a better person - and I love them for it.


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  The beautiful friendships I am blessed with.
2.  Inspiration.
3.  Finding joy and laughter when feeling down.
4.  Caroling!  Our church group went tonight - so fun!
5.  Singing - I may not be a good singer, but it still feels good to do!
6.  Long underwear - was key for comfort tonight.
7.  Coming home to a warm dinner straight from the oven.  Thanks, hubby!
8.  Bunches of red, cheerful poinsettias!
9.  Cookies...
10.  Cuddling up for a movie...  So nice.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin