Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Appreciate

"December 14 – Appreciate

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?" (Author: Victoria Klein)
--reverb10.com

My job.

Yes, I'm grateful just to have a job in this economy... but it's so much more that that!  I love my job.

I'm the Director of Youth and Outreach at a Methodist Church - and while it's a bit overwhelming at times, I sincerely love working there.  I love the people of the church.  I love that I get to work with our teenagers - all remarkable people.  I love that I get to challenge people to step out of their comfort zone to live out their faith in new ways.  I love that I get to pray with people and for people and listen to what is going on in their lives and, hopefully, share hope with them.  I love that I get to be part of the idea team, planning team, and implenting all kinds of ministries.  I love that I get an opportunity every once in a while to preach and share my story.  I love that I get to encourage people in their spiritual habits - and offer them new ways to live them out.  I love that I continue to learn and grow in my own spiritual life as I teach others.  I love my staff.  I love having flexible office hours and a cozy office!

I love this church so much, that after 6.5 years of working there, my hubby and I finally decided to become members last weekend.  We're showing our gratitude to this congregation for all that they have offered me, by officially becoming part of the team - not just an employee! 

I definately feel blessed.


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Having a job.
2.  Loving my job.
3.  My staff - wonderful, creative, beautiful people.
4.  All the leaders that make things happen at our church - they've taken our church from lifeless to revitalized!
5.  Our Women's Group donated 263 meals to Feed My Starving Children in my honor as my Christmas present - too cool!
6.  Book stores.
7.  The book, "29 Gifts" by Cami Walker - so good!
8.  Aveda tea.
9.  The TV show, "The Good Wife."
10.  A good night's sleep.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin