What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?" (Author: Kate Inglis)
Well, today is Christmas Eve - and is there a better time to truly believe everything will be alright?
Tonight at church we will sing old hymns and carols, we will listen to people sing solos of "Holy Night" and "What Shall I Give?" We will laugh with the children, think about what that night must have been like so long ago as the pastor shares a story, and will stand in awe and reverence when the candles are lit and we sing "Silent Night."
There will be hugs to friends we rarely see, laughter with friends we share our weeks with, tears from those who struggle with this time of year, and heartfelt "Merry Christmas!" being said - with a twinkle in our eyes.
After church, the hubby and I will head to my parents' house - where there will be delicious appetizers, sugary goodies, a fire in the fireplace, a candle lit to remind us we are missed when we are not there... We will exchange presents with "Ooooos and Aaahs", hugs and thank yous. We'll call my sister and think of those not with us... And we'll be grateful for the blessings of family and friends.
I can't think of a better time to take a look around and realize that everything will be alright. Celebrating the gift of God's love in human form. Celebrating community, friends, and family. Celebrating the big and small blessings that surround us everyday... Everything IS alright - better than alright.
Life is good.
Today I am thankful for:
1. Breakfast with my hubby and Amanda!
2. A day off with the hubby.
3. Being finished with ALL baking for the year!
4. Our church. It's the only place I wanted to worship this year.
5. Being called "The Glamour Couple" at church - now that's enough to make me laugh out loud!
6. The enthusiasm of little kids on Christmas.
7. Skyping with the Bilchuks! (Singing Jingle Bells 30 times, and Fin's "It's not over yet!")
8. New Boggs boots! (Good job Hubby. Thanks for helping him, Em!)
9. Being there for a friend when needed - even if it's just to give her a hug and stay with her for a bit.
10. A REAL fire in the fireplace... It smells so good!