Many years ago, I started this list after a lecture given by one of my professors. He said we had to LIVE life to the fullest - so make a list of goals, and go get them!
So I started this list back in 1997... I think... I thought I would start this page in order to keep track and re-visit to cross things off!
1. Sky-dive. (I've gone three times! The first time in Oct.
1998, the last time was summer of 2011)
2. Go to Italy.
3. Learn to play the guitar.
Alaska. (I visited the Bilchuk's in August of 2010)
5. Road trip
across the USA. (Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and North Dakota - summer of 2012)
6. Read the entire Bible. (2000)
Visit the Chicago Institute of Art. (The first time in April
8. See the Statue of Liberty. (I've flown over it a
few times... Still haven't been to it, though.)
9. Get my own
dog. (A wedding present from the hubby. Bailey joined our little family
in Feb. 2004)
10. Go ice-skating. (Feb. 1998 - totally not
worth it. I still spent more time on my butt than skating!)
11. Make a dream
catcher. (At Rosebud Reservation, July 2012)
12. Make a birdhouse.
13. Have an editorial printed.
Own a nice camera. (I have a decent one now, thanks to the
15. Do another portrait. (Like my Santa Claus.)
a loaf of bread from scratch. (Jan. 2001)
weight-training. (The first time - Sept. 1998)
18. Lose 20
pounds. (March 2009)
19. Go rock-climbing. (July
20. Take Kayla trick-or-treating. (My little sister.
When I wrote this, I was away at college and missing most Halloweens at home. I
finally went with her when I moved back to Minnesota in 2004 - the hubby and I
dressed up as nerds and escorted her and her friends through the neighborhood.
21. Go cross-country skiing. (Funny story.
Haven't been since. Feb. 2001)
22. Plant a tree.
23. Get a "Chia
Pet." (A Christmas present for my dorm room! Dec. 1998)
Write a children's book. (It won't be published by a real
publisher - but I put together a book for my niece and god-daughter for
Christmas this year! Dec. 2009)
25. Hold a baby gorilla.
a Child." (I supported a Compassion International boy for 4 years,
ending in 2003; and have supported a little girl in the Congo since 2011)
27. Learn to make homemade pie crusts.
28. Go up
in a hot air balloon.
29. Go sledding. (Dec. 2009)
Solve a crossword without cheating. (The first time - July
31. Throw a surprise party. (I helped the hubby throw
a party for his mom's 70th birthday this year in 2011)
32. Donate to a
medical charity. (I've been donating to cancer research for many
years and am walking in the Susan G Komen 3 Day in 2013)
33. Learn to make kringla. (My family's favorite
cookie that my grandma made. I've been making it for 4 years now - still
learning, but trying!)
34. Go for a sleigh-ride.
married. (That lovely dream came true Nov. 2003!)
36. Go to
37. Go to New York City. (My first time was with my
sister, Emily. Summer 2004.)
38. Go caroling. (First time -
39. Sing in the "Alleluia Chorus." (College
choir performance, Dec. 1997)
40. See "Casablanca." (June
41. Go to a planetarium. (Nov. 1998)
Ride an elephant. (Renaissance Festival, Sept. 1997)
Swim with a dolphin.
44. Go para-sailing.
45. Go on a missions
trip. (After high school - Chicago, 1997; Detroit, 2001; Mississippi,
2006; Rosebud, 2010, 2011, 2012)
46. Attend a movie premiere. (Blue Like Jazz in Portland, OR - 2012)
Make someone else happy. (I've got a good marriage!)
Visit Yellowstone National Park. (Road trip, summer 2012)
49. Go to Montana. (Road Trip, summer 2012)
50. Lead a
Bible Study. (Led my first one in the summer of 1998)
Win a game of chess. (Against Jake P., Nov. 1997)
Cook a full meal all by myself. (Salad, pesto bread, apple
dessert - Feb. 1998)
53. Ride a subway. (On my trip to New
York with Emily, Summer 2004)
54. Smoke a cigar. (First time
- Jan. 1999)
55. Shoot a gun (at a range, of course).
56. Pay off
school loans. (Woo-hoo! Summer 2009)
57. Get a good paying
job. (Pays the bills and allows a little fun. Aug. 2004)
Get an apartment. (First one - July 1999, Wautoma, WI)
Try escargot. (In Paris, March 2010)
60. Read "The
Hobbit." (Summer 1998)
61. Have my palm read.
Establish a consistent quiet time. (Jan. 2009)
Andrea in New York.
64. Get a massage. (First one - a birthday gift
from my friend, Sam - March 1999)
65. Fly a kite. (April
66. Visit a tide pool. (West Coast road trip, summer 2011)
67. Read all of the books I own.
Take a long hot bubble bath. (This was written when I lived in
the dorms! I started taking bubble baths as soon as I moved into my first
apartment - July 1999!)
69. Donate my belongings to charity.
(First time - Oct. 2000)
70. Put together a jigsaw puzzle.
(With my friend, Sam - Feb. 1998)
71. Make a blanket fort.
72. Learn 5 constellations. (Nov. 1997)
74. Go to a drive-in movie. (Summer 2011 - "Transformers 3" and "Super 8")
75. Visit the
Badlands. (On SD Mission Trip, July 2010)
76. Visit Newark,
Ohio. (Where I lived as a kid, July 2004)
77. Keep a
notebook of my favorite quotes. (Jan. 1998)
Montrose Cemetery in Chicago. (Relatives on my dad's side are buried
there. The first visit - April 1997)
79. Work in a bookstore or
80. Wax my legs. (First time - Nov. 2003)
Make a quilt.
82. Look at a harvest moon from between my
legs. (It's an optical illusion! Feb. 1997)
83. Throw a New Year's
84. Go to a zoo. (First time after writing this
list - Aug. 1997)
85. Learn to cook. (Since getting married,
getting good equipment, and moving into a nice house with a good kitchen - I
think I do pretty good in the kitchen! Started in 2004)
86. Lay on
the ground and watch the candlelight dance to the music. (A challenge
from my Psych professor... I do this a lot.)
87. Visit every one of the 50
88. Go to a basketball game.
89. Go to the Boundary Waters
again. (June 1997)
90. Make a snow angel. (Jan.
91. Visit New Orleans. (March 1998 with Dad)
Buy a house. (Nov. 2005)
93. Try glass-blowing. (With Mike, January 2012)
Visit Ireland. (March 2009)
95. Own a piece of
original art. (Summer 2009)
96. See the Northern Lights,
97. Ride an electric bull. (Spring 2011 - with a couple of youth group kids and parents!)
98. Go to the Austin City Limits Music
Festival with my hubby.
99. Learn to make Amaretto Chocolate
100. Take a yoga class. (Prenatal class, August 2013)
73 accomplished by Jan. 1, 2013! Not bad!
101. Sleep under the stars in the Sahara Desert.
102. Grow our own small garden.
103. Go snow-shoeing. (Valentine date, 2013, at Lebanon Hills Park.)
104. Visit all the State Parks in MN.
105. Go go-carting. (Outside Glacier National Park, August 2013)
106. Visit 6 of the continents... (Not so worried about Antarctica....)
107. Go on a retreat by myself.
108. Complete the Susan G Komen 3 Day Walk.
109. Do a backpacking trip with Mike.
110. Try paddleboarding.
111. Host a neighborhood dinner party.
112. See "Mumford and Sons" in concert.
113. Get a nativity scene for our yard.
114. Get another tattoo.
115. Live in a house in South Minneapolis.
116. Make a dream board.
117. Try a macaron. (At Patisserie 46, on my 36th birthday, with Mike!)
118. Take a pottery class.
119. Take a ride in a helicopter.
120. Visit Deanna in New Orleans.
121. Go ziplining.
122. Visit Stonehenge.
123. Experience the lantern festival in Hawaii.
124. Send off a floating lantern into the sky.
125. Eat lobster in Maine.
126. Make a gingerbread house.
127. Take a cooking class.
128. Go to a "movie in the park" event.
129. Visit Glacier National Park. (July 2013)
130. Go snorkeling.
131. See a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
132. Go to Disney World.
133. Travel by train.
134. Rent a convertible for a road trip.
135. Become a Life Coach.
136. Join a book group.
137. Lose 50 lbs.
138. Take Elly camping.
139. Go river-rafting in Montana.
140. Volunteer at a homeless shelter - on a regular basis.
141. Get a hot stone massage.
142. Brew a Russian Imperial Stout with Mike.
143. Go to an orchestra performance.
144. Make every recipe in one cookbook.
145. Eat Ethiopian food.
146. Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.
147. Own my own business.
148. Own a kayak.
149. Be debt-free (except our house).
150. Have a kid!