Saturday, December 25, 2010

Photo

"Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself.

Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you."  (Author: Tracey Clark)
--reverb10.com

This is me, in Alaska, this summer.  I was visiting my sister in Anchorage and we took a day to go picnic in Hatcher's Pass.  It was a bit of a dreary day - but sometimes I think the gray sky can make the greens of the grass and trees "pop"!  This place was beautiful in an eerie way - I loved it!

We had our picnic and went for a walk - exploring and laughing at the funny little animals we found along the way.  Fin, my niece, was in her element - stomping in puddles, picking up sticks, leading the way.

It was a great day and I wanted to capture my happiness - so I turned the camera on myself.

I love exploring new places, living in the moment, finding beauty in the gray days, and spending time with those I love.  I like this picture of my big smile - it's how I want to live!

And today is Christmas!  We left my parents' house bright and early this morning to head to Milwaukee to celebrate with the Hubby's family...  Off we go!

Merry Christmas!


Today I am thankful for:

1.  Christmas!
2.  Cinnamon rolls.
3.  Coffee.
4.  Being organized and ready to go.
5.  Having a blanket, a pillow, and my dog to nap with in the car.
6.  Playing "Apples to Apples" with the in-laws!
7.  Cheese and crackers.
8.  The kids' anticipation at opening presents.  Too funny.
9.  No work.  No calls.  No computer.  Nice.
10.  Bailey's Irish Cream.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin