Oh, why not?! I made these tonight as a treat for our traveling tomorrow... YUM. The hubby was all smiles!
Brown Butter and Sea Salt Rice Krispie Bars
Pretty sure these were inspired by Smitten Kitchen...
1 stick of unsalted butter
A 10.5 oz bag of marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1) In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter - stirring frequently. (Be sure to melt it slowly - it will be foamy, then begin to turn a nice brown, nutty color.)
2) When the butter is that nutty color, turn off the heat. Mix in the marshmallows, until they're nice and smooth.
3) Add in the Rice Krispies and sea salt. Stir until mixed well.
4) Scrape the Krispie mixture into a greased (or sprayed) 8x8 pan (for thick bars) or 9x12 pan (for thinner bars). Spray some cooking spray on a piece of wax paper, and use to press down on mixture until it is firmly in the pan. (Disgard the wax paper.)
5) Let sit until set.
And ENJOY! Yum. This is for all you "sweet and salty" lovers!
And things I'm thankful for today:
1. Getting everything done.
3. Tornado sirens - even when they wake me up from a nap... It's good to know they're there.
4. Toe nail polish.
5. Packing with the hubby.
6. My books came! Woo-hoo! (Now I have something to read on the plane!)
7. My little sister, Kayla, taking care of my pup this week.
8. Clean sheets.
9. The show, "The Voice."
10. Rice Krispie treats, of course!
My Quilts Ready to Serve
8 hours ago