Grapes Rolled in Almonds and Ginger
1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted
1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
15 to 20 seedless grapes, washed and thoroughly dried
Chop the toasted almonds finely or grind in a food processor.
Blend the cream cheese and ginger in a bowl with an electric mixer.
Stir the grapes into the cream cheese mixture to coat.
Roll the grapes in the ground almonds.
Place on a wax-paper-lined plate and chill until firm.
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Volunteering at a local elementary school, serving summer school kids breakfast. So fun - the kids are great!
2. Fun re-connecting with one of my favorite people from my old church! Good to see you, Gil!
3. Today, at 4:05 and 6 seconds on July, 8, '09 , it was 040506070809 - cool, huh?! Thanks, Diane!
4. Leftover mango chicken salad for lunch. No, I didn't make it. But it was so good!
5. Meeting up with Tracie for coffee - a great friend to talk about all things ministry, and all things life.
6. Making dinner with the hubby (he IS the great panini master!).
7. A nice walk on a cool evening.
8. Hooking up the DVD player and watching "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood. If you can get past all the derogatory words in the movie - it's a wonderful film! Highly recommended!
9. Chocolate chip cookies.
10. Refund checks from energy company screw-ups. 1/2 our vacation is paid-for on this one! Woo-hoo!