"Our strongest gifts are usually those we are barely aware of possessing. They are a part of our God-given nature, with us from the moment we drew first breath, and we are no more conscious of having them than we are of breathing...
"If we are to live our lives fully and well, we must learn to embrace the opposites, to live in a creative tension between our limits and our potentials. We must honor our limitations in ways that do not distort our nature, and we must trust and use our gifts in ways that fulfill that potentials God gave us. We must take the no of the way that closes and find the guidance it has to offer - and take the yes of the way that opens and respond with the yes of our lives."
--Parker Palmer, "Let You Life Speak"
Things I am thankful for today:
1. The hubby gave me a chuckle by locking himself out this morning - even if it was 6:15am.
2. Being awake for a beautiful morning.
3. This story about a banker in Spokane, WA, helping a mama duck and her babies to safety. So cute.
4. An understanding boss.
5. A fun staff.
6. Cheap tickets to Pittsburgh to see my sister and her family!
7. My other sister, Kayla's, choir concert. So fun to see my old choir director direct again!
8. A gorgeous drive home at 9:30pm - it's beautiful out!
9. Summer is officially here! 98 degrees today!
10. The hubby was kind enough to make me a chocolate banana malt when I got home. Just what I needed to end the day!