Monday, May 11, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - May 11th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... blue skies, green grass, flowers blooming, leaves spreading out on the trees, and an empty birdfeeder (so we can make some adjustments... no more grackles!).
I am thinking... only a week and a half until the pool opens! (I hope the weather starts warming up!)
I am thankful... for my new pillow - I am sleeping so well!
From the kitchen... scallop and bacon pasta (courtesy of the new Holly Clegg cookbook) tonight... The rest of the week is still to be determined...
I am wearing... lounging, Monday clothes. Black capris, a green tank top, and a black zip-up hoodie. Perfect for working from home, cleaning the house, and taking the dog for a walk!
I am creating... my summer plans. So many things to do, so many possibilities, and so much to enjoy!
I am going... to Holland, Belgium, and France next March! Woo-hoo! It's officially booked!
I am reading... still, "The Year of Living Biblically" - very funny. And "Let Your Life Speak," by Parker Palmer.
I am hoping... my hubby can get some quality sleep soon. The poor guy is dragging!
I am hearing... lots of birds chirping! Morning doves, red-wing blackbirds, finches... I love it.
Around the house... things to do.... things to do....
One of my favorite things... waking up without the need of an alarm!
A few plans for the rest of the week... meetings, book group, a visit from Mom, and visiting friends in Madison, WI.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... My sister, Kayla, and the hubby sharing music and youtube videos. I think it's cute that they get along so well!

Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A beautiful day.
2. Time to think.
3. Going through "scrap-boxes" - memories from all different periods of my life. So funny!
4. Finding more "stuff" to donate.
5. New people on the Neighbor's Inc board - so fun to meet!
6. Good things happening at Neighbor's Inc - a great year for this non-profit!
7. Hubby picked two pounds of morel mushrooms yesterday! His excitement was that of a little kid!
8. Mom came to spend the night. Fun!
9. No TV tonight - kind of nice.
10. Time to sit on the patio today.

5 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

Wow! Your trip sounds awesome! I have to say I'm excited to finally see you and chat some at book group this week! I'm determined to make it!

Unknown said...

Well...if YOU and MELISSA are gonna be there..I am for sure coming!

What a neat trip planned...I am assuming it is just you and Mike???

I live vicariously thru you and your Simple Woman's Daybook... I may do it during the summer months!

See ya soon!

Jill said...

Did you book your trip through a tour company? Sounds great! I'm thinking either Morocco or Prague for my next big trip.

Megs said...

Yes, Jill! Gate One Travel - that's who we went with for Ireland, and they did a great job. If you go in the "off" seasons, they're pretty reasonable!

Jill said...

I've heard of Gate One - I think through Travel Zoo's weekly emails. I'll have to check out their web site. Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin