Monday, May 18, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - May 18th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... it's still SO windy! Our patio furniture keeps migrating from the patio, the birdfeeder has been horizontal, all the beautiful flower petals are on the ground... I would love a peaceful spring day, with just a gentle breeze...
I am thinking... so much to do, so little time. And I'm so tired. I need a boost!
I am thankful... for my hubby. He worked so hard this weekend, and trusted me with my ideas, and was fun to work with. I like him - a lot! LOL
From the kitchen... banana chocolate malts were made last night. I forgot about this specialty of the hubby! They are mmm-mmm-good!
I am wearing... my pjs still. Pink, orange, yellow, and white striped pj bottoms, an orange tank top, and my tan wrap sweater. Very comfy. (Someday, I should really answer these questions on a day besides Monday - I really am usually dressed by 8am!)
I am creating... a colorful home! Ha ha ha.
I am going... to have a rough week, trying not to feel out of sorts, until everything is back in its place in the living room and dining room! (We've been painting... everything is in dis-array!)
I am reading... still, "The Year of Living Biblically," by AJ Jacobs - very funny. And "Let Your Life Speak," by Parker Palmer, and I'm starting "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson.
I am hoping... my art prints come soon! I can't wait to see them hung up downstairs!
I am hearing... Brett Dennen's song, "Blessed" in my head. Check it out - it will make you happy!
One of my favorite things... bonfires in the summer... the hubby roasting marshmallows (he makes them perfect!), smores, starry skies, blankets, and cuddling.
A few plans for the rest of the week... mission team meeting, book group, Kayla's choir concert, more church meetings, finishing the house projects, more BBQs to attend next weekend...
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Norman Rockwell's "High Dive." I love it so much I ordered it for our new blue bathroom! So fun!
Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Warm sunshine!
2. Sore muscles feeling so much better!
3. A surprise phone call.
4. My art prints have been shipped!
5. Writing my last newsletter page for Faith UMC - bittersweet.
6. Dinner with the hubby and a friend.
7. Good Mexican food.
8. A short and sweet meeting.
9. Kayla R.'s note on Facebook - cracked me up: "This is what i learned(or at least, remember that ive learned)in confirmation:-Love god; Love your neighbor as yourself.-5 books of the bible: Genedis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deutoronomy, and Numbers- The history of the church: They used to pray underground because they didnt want people to know that they were praying and worshiping Jesus-Megan is the coolest confirmation teacher ever :)- I probly learned more too, but ya know- its kinda late @ nite so i dont remember it all. HAHA YOU ROCK :] K-la"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goodness...I can't believe I finished a book before Carol and YOU! It helps that I had lots of sitting time on Saturday... I liked how it ended...

Carol E. said...

I finally finished! Just in time! But I'll be late to book club ... just so I can make it at all is my hope.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin