Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday

"So then did you start reading the Bible?" I asked.
"Yes. We would eat chocolate...and read the Bible, which is the only way to do it, if you ask me. Don, the Bible is so good with chocolate. I always thought the Bible was more of a salad thing, you know, but it isn't. It is a chocolate thing."
--Donald Miller, in "Blue Like Jazz"

I started reading this book today. LOVE it.

Today I am thankful for:

1. A good night's sleep.
2. A great morning with my confirmands from Faith UMC. Such smart, insightful and fun youth!
3. Kelsey's graduation party - nice to sit and chat with friends.
4. Disc golf. The hubby brought my sneakers to the party so we could go play frisbee golf afterwards. It was my first time in about 12 years... I hit more trees than I care to count - but we had a lot of good laughs!
5. Bookstores. Love bookstores.
6. The hubby's new grill - and the dinner it produced tonight!
7. The song, "Right As Rain" by Adele.
8. A good hair day.
9. A nice evening at home.
10. Surviving my drive through West St Paul - saw 2 accidents, and 3 "almost accidents," then on the freeway a mattress flew out of the back of a pick-up two cars in front of me. I think someone had it in for me today - but I survived!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Scary! I love you new layout! So summery!

Megs said...

Nice! That's what I was going for - Summer! :)

Melissa Kaye said...

I hate driving in WSP. It makes me crazy.

I have to agree with the new layout...it makes me want to dive into a lake or pool.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin