"That insight is hidden in the word 'vocation' itself, which is rooted in the Latin for 'voice.' Vocation does not mean a goal that I pursue. It means a calling that I hear. Before I can tell my life what I want to do with it, I must listen to my life telling me who I am. I must listen for the truths and values at the heart of my own identity, not the standards by which I must live - but the standards by which I cannot help but live if I am living my own life."
--Parker Palmer, in the book Let Your Life Speak
As I'm quickly approaching a new phase of my career, more and more questions are surfacing about who is it I want to be? What is it I want to do? More and more I find who I am and what I believe is guiding me through work and relationships... Which, when you let go and allow that to happen - when you listen to our life "telling you who you are," so many things seem to fall into place. I've been really blessed this year to be surrounded by a community who believes in me, supports me, and wants to walk alongside me as we begin a new journey together - and I'm so excited for the opportunity to help lead the way!
Here's to listening, seeing, and discovering who we are - and maybe, where God wants us!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. New opportunities.
2. Meeting Lynn - a beautiful spirit. I hope we get a chance to work together on some projects!
3. Prom pictures from the youth group kids - so fun to look at!
4. Checking out a new local coffee shop - Black Sheep Cafe in South St Paul. Yum!
5. Finishing each other's sentences.
6. Catching up with JoAnne - nice to see her happy!
7. Going to a benefit dinner with Carol (from giraffedreams) and Charles last night - supporting Ampersand Families (check them out, awesome organization!).(The hubby even won a mug as a door prize! LOL)
8. Live reggae music - reminded me of a mission trip to Jamaica in my high school days.
9. Getting to wear a pretty dress and heels.
10. Going to another favorite pub, The Local, after the dinner. Not letting our "date" end to early!