Monday, May 4, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - May 4th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... green grass, blue skies, fresh flowers - it's spring! Now... If I can just keep the dumb black birds off my new birdfeeder...
I am thinking... I need a squirt gun to deter the blackbirds... Or I could train the dog to ONLY bark at the blackbirds, and not the song birds... Any ideas?
I am thankful... for the hard work my hubby did this weekend. He laid sod outside our townhome (to replace the pet-damaged areas) - and did such a beautiful job!
From the kitchen... chocolate chip cookies were made last night... Mmmm.... So good - and so bad!
I am wearing... my workout clothes - black capris, a black tank top, ankle socks and my walking shoes. I know. Hot.
I am creating... a grocery list. What yummies will we make this week? I'm thinking we should grill out tonight!
I am going... to keep researching possible trips for next spring. So far, I'm thinking an eight day tour of Belgium and France. It's fun to daydream!
I am reading... still, "The Year of Living Biblically" - very funny. I haven't picked up anything new this week.
I am hoping... to go to Austin City Limits Music Festival this fall... But it's not looking likely... (Ugh! Tickets sold out today... No more hoping...)
I am hearing... construction equipment. I think my summer is doomed to this noise... at least for awhile. We have two more houses to go up across the street - then we should never have to listen to these noises again! Oh happy day!
Around the house... dog toys everywhere. I pick them up, leave the room, and five minutes later they are once again EVERYWHERE! Geesh. I might as well have a kid!
One of my favorite things... my little $1 seed starter kits from Target - they're actually growing and healthy! I'm excited for them to get just a little bigger so they can be planted in big pots - zinnias and marigolds! (I sincerely thought they would never bloom... I thought they'd just make cute table favors for Easter...)
A few plans for the rest of the week... book group, coffee with youth group kids, a benefit dinner, doctor's appointment - yuck, dinner with a friend, Mom-in-law coming this weekend for our town's garage sale extravaganza, and possibly dinner with another old friend...
Here is picture thought I am sharing... Devils Lake in Baraboo, WI. A favorite place for us to go hiking in the summer. Also, the site of the hubby's and my first camping trip together - that's a story for another day! LOL
Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions! I rarely post there, I just like the simple questions.

Things I am thankful for today:

1. LOVE this video of the song, "One Love" - check it out, it will make you smile! (Thanks, Mom!)
2. Jill for telling about the lemon cookies at Trader Joe's - Yum!
3. The "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go and eat some worms..." song! LOL I started singing it to the hubby tonight when he couldn't get ahold of anyone on the phone.
4. Both pastors are back! Yeah!
5. I got my Holly Clegg cookbooks today! Yippee!
6. Bison burgers on the grill.
7. A good workout - I even pushed through the pain in my legs. Yeah me!
8. The Southwest Airlines commercial with the woman in the elevator that won't let the man hit his floor button. Cracks me up everytime!
9. Neighbors, Inc - the non-profit that I'm on the board for, was 4th in the state of MN in donations for the month of March! Woo-hoo!
10. Being barefoot.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so bummed that I won't be able to come to book group! Kinda wrecks my week! Oh well...dance rehearsals are fun too...oh who am I kidding..yuck!

Carol E. said...

I bet you ARE hot in your work-out clothes. Just ask dear hubby.

Mom said...

Regarding "Around the house"-----you might as well!!!!!

Melissa Kaye said...

I find your Mom's comment hilarious. Such a "mom" comment. :)

I want some chocolate chip cookies...I feel I must comment about food on your blog whenever possible! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow OR for Wednesday's recipe. Ha ha...I apparently find myself funny today!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin