Sunday, May 17, 2009

Simplify and Beautify

"Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful and believe to be beautiful."
William Morris

"Deciding to simplify our lives and bring order to our homes by sending on the objects we no longer love to new, happier incarnations with people who will genuinely appreciate them is the way to open ourselves up to receiving an abundance that will perfectly suit us."
--Simple Abundance

Ha ha ha - perfect! This was the Simple Abundance reading for Saturday, and today's was about being brave enough to clear out the junk drawers! And what have I been doing all weekend? Cleaning out, appreciating the things I love, and continuing to simplify and beautify! Gotta love it!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A beautiful day!
2. A praise band at church today - so fun!
3. One of my youth group kids is actually sad that confirmation is coming to an end.
4. "Pirate English" on Facebook.
5. Finishing the bathroom and kitchen.
6. Grilling out. Yum.
7. A relaxed evening.
8. Naps.
9. Carol's making toys for anonymous toy drops - that just makes me smile!
10. Life is good - exhausting - but good!
11. I ordered my artwork! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! You guys have great taste!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin