Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Surroundings

"An interior is the natural projections of the soul."
--Coco Chanel

Well, we finished - finally! The downstairs - living room, dining room, kitchen and powder room are complete! We have painted, cleaned, re-organized, and hung new curtains and wall decor. The home is finally exactly as we would like - and we LOVE it!

Here's some pictures of our humble little home:
The entryway.
Our living room and dining room (say "hi" to Hershey, my parents' dog! She was spending the night...).
Our living room.
Our dining room - check out the green! Whoa!
The kitchen - I love this kitchen, a lot!
More kitchen...
The blue powder room - it's actually a much brighter blue than it looks in the picture... But you kind of get the idea...

Hope you enjoyed the "tour!"

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Loving my home.
2. Junk markets - great places to get things to decorate the home, for cheap!
3. Pictures of family and friends on our walls - finally!
4. Color.
5. A kitchen I LIKE to cook in!
6. Sky blue - so fresh and pretty!
7. A hubby who laughs at me when I take pictures of my own home.
8. Behr paint.
9. The hubby let me stay home tonight so I could finish putting the house back together.
10. The feeling that all your hard work was worth it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Your home is so warm and inviting! Your new art is awesome!

Diane said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.....

Carol E. said...

It's beautiful! But I am so confused. I guess my blog list on my sidebar doesn't refresh as often as it should. I have been watching your blog title, and it didn't change... then today I decided to check it out, and there are 3 or 4 posts I never saw! Am I losing my mind?

Megs said...

Thanks ladies!

And no, Carol, you are not crazy! I posted Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon all on Monday evening... I was just being tricky after a long, lazy weekend... I had to get caught up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin