Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beautiful

"I don't believe make-up and the right hairstyle alone can make a woman beautiful. The most radiant woman in the room is the one full of life and experience."--Sharon Stone

"Let us continuously search for the wonder of it all. If we do, we can't help but notice the love bubbling up from deep within. When wonder and love become as indispensible to you as foundation and blush, you will become the most radiant woman in the world."--Simple Abundance

When was a day that you felt absolutely beautiful? And what made you feel so beautiful?

I think mine was my wedding day... Of course I was tan, manicured, pedicured, massaged and relaxed... Make-up was good, hair was good, I had on a gorgeous dress... Yada yada yada. BUT I was also surrounded by everyone I loved in one room - family, friends from high school, from college, from work, from church - a whole room of people celebrating my life, my soon-to-be-husband's life, and our union together. I had never felt so loved and blessed as when I turned and faced the room to be introduced as "Mrs. Adams."(The hubby and I, and Pastor Mike.)(My dad and I right before we walked down the aisle.)

Love does make us beautiful - when we feel it and when we give it freely. When do you feel beautiful?
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Make-up - for those days I don't feel naturally stunning.
2. Frizz-control serum for the bad hair days.
3. Spanx. The girls know what those are!
4. Chapstick.
5. The hubby calling me "cute" when I'm wearing sweatpants.
6. A fun lunch with Norma.
7. Seeing Juanita and Ronnie today.
8. Carol's passionate email - made me smile.
9. The sun came out for a little while today.
10. Tomorrow's Friday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets hear it for FRIDAYS! Yippeee!

Carol E. said...

Aww, you are beautiful every day! Those first two quotes describe YOU!

Megs said...

Awww... Carol, aren't you just the sweetest person EVER?! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin