Monday, April 13, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - April 13th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... the sky is a bit dreary and it's quiet, but there are budds on the trees and green shoots coming out of the ground!
I am thinking... about Easter and what a good day it was.
I am thankful... for my family. I enjoyed spending time with them yesterday!
From the kitchen... Amish Friendship Bread is calling my name... and we still have candy from yesterday... I better get that stuff out of the house before I eat it ALL!
I am wearing... black sweatpants, a blue t-shirt, and a black zip-up hoodie. Not very stylish, but awfully comfy on a dreary Monday!
I am creating... space for myself today. I had a busy week last week, and a busy week this week... So today, is for me. It's nice....
I am going... to finish my book group book today - "90 Minutes in Heaven."
I am reading... "90 Minutes in Heaven" for book group. But I think pretty soon I'm going to need just a fast, fun read - like a Dean Koontz book. Something without deep meanings to be processed... Brain candy.
I am hoping... to meet some of my youth group kids for coffee this week. Their schedules are too crazy! I miss them!
I am hearing... a whole lot of nothing. It's really quiet here today. Kind of nice...
Around the house... spring has sprung! Fresh flowers in the living room smell so good!
One of my favorite things... coffee dates with friends. I can't wait to see Tracie on Friday!
A few plans for the rest of the week... mission committee meeting tonight, book group tomorrow night, a dinner for Neighbor's Inc on Thursday night, a night out with friends on Friday night, my Goddaughter's birthday party on Saturday... Goodness! Fun, but busy!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
(This is a picture from our hotel room, on our honeymoon... Panama City Beach, Florida... I would love to be sitting on a beach right now!)

Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions! I rarely post there, I just like the simple questions.

Oh! The quote for today is too good not to post. Here it is:

"I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now... as I shall not pass this way again."
--William Penn

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A peaceful day at home.
2. A dreary day turned into a beautiful evening!
3. Our mission team meeting - what fun ladies!
4. Patty Griffin's song, "Heavenly Day." I listened to it and watched the sunset on my drive home.
5. The first Easter egg salad sandwich of the year!
6. Easter pictures of my niece, Finley, and my Goddaughter, Elly! So cute!
7. The fragrance of my Easter lily filling the downstairs.
8. A call from my dear friend, Amanda.
9. The hubby's surprise is on its way!
10. All the wonderful comments people post on my blog! I enjoy them all!

3 comments:

Melissa Kaye said...

Oh, that picture makes me yearn for warm sand between my toes and diving into cool, salty water. So nice....

Unknown said...

I finished the book...I have a different feeling toward the book... I kinda liked the second half...it made sense to me!

Carol E. said...

I have started The Year of Living Biblically. It makes me giggle! Tell me where to stop or I'll be naughty and read too far.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin