Saturday, April 11, 2009

Body

"Today, instead of hating your body, make peace with it. Choose to consciously love and honor the sacred garment Spirit provided for this life-time's journey."
--Simple Abundance

I know - you're all thinking, "HA!"

This has been my journey for almost a year now. Learning to love my body as is - for the health, the abilities, the senses, and the perceptions it brings me. But what woman is always able to "love" her body? Come on, now.

The hubby is out of town this weekend... So what did I do last night? Bought some ice cream! Filled some candy dishes for Easter with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (thanks for the temptation, Melissa!) - and I've eaten several already this morning! It's 1pm, and I'm still in my jammies! HA!
Unfortunately... Loving and taking care of my body means I am soon to workout, eat a healthy lunch (that does not include more sugar), take the dog for a walk, and... oh, I don't know? Shower, maybe?

Here's to a day of rest and relaxation for all of you! (And I think, when we love our bodies, it's ok to spoil them once in awhile... So what Easter candy will you be indulging in?)
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A sunny, beautiful day - windows OPEN!
2. Completing a surprise for the hubby... I can't tell you what it is - he reads this!
3. A clean house!
4. Playing Easter Bunny and hosting my family tomorrow.
5. Crockpots. Gotta love 'em!
6. An extra Easter Lily in my order (means I get to bring one home!).
7. Edy's Slow-churned "Take the Cake" ice cream. Yum.
8. Dying Easter eggs.
9. A phone call from the hubby.
10. Candy! LOL

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yummmm my favorite topic! Lets see...better question is what candy don't I like... Hmmm my favorite... Snicker Eggs.. but I also like the Milky Way carmels...

Carol E. said...

Chocolate, chocolate, and ... oh,... chocolate.

Melissa Kaye said...

Mmmmmm, Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I bought a bag of miniatures today while I was at Target. They are SO yummy.

Seriously, I can't I turn them down? They are SO hard to resist.

Mom said...

No candy this year--I hope you saved some for us tomorrow!!!!!!

Bebesboutique said...

Mini Reese's peanut butter cups. I love them. During my pregnancies I couldn't go with out them. Yes sometimes they ARE good for breakfast.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin