Saturday, April 18, 2009

Random Fun

Another busy day!

I awoke to the hubby making breakfast (poached eggs and toast with fruit on the side - yum) and Irish coffees! A great way to wake up! We spent a leisurely morning hanging out together and playing with the dog... Then gave the dog a bath - she needed it! Then it was off to our God-daughter, Elly's, first birthday party! So fun! As we were leaving I had a message on my phone that my brother-in-law, Karlin, was at the airport with a layover until 9pm tonight. My mom picked him up, and the hubby and I went to the house to spend the afternoon with Karlin, Mom, and Kayla. Stories, laughter, and good food (chinese food... fortune cookies... and yes, we added that phrase to our fortunes as we read them aloud. LOL).

We headed home for a little rest and are soon to head out for another evening walk. Life is good. Very, very good.

Things I am thankful for:

1. Hubby making a yummy breakfast.
2. The new-found pleasure of Irish coffee.
3. The dog smells good and is oh-so-soft after her bath!
4. Jack Johnson's song, "Angel."
5. Remembering tht I had shirts I bought last year and forgot about! It's like shopping in my own closet!
6. Elly's 1st birthday party - and cupcakes! (Good job, Em!)7. Turkeys! Lots of turkeys everywhere today!
8. Karlin's surprise visit. So fun.
9. Teaching my mom the "in bed" version of fortune cookies... Hilarious!
10. Baby bunnies.
11. My starter seeds actually sprouted!12. My Easter flowers are still pretty a week later!
13. Everything's greening up!
14. Colorful birds - cardinals, blue jays, goldfinches, bluebirds...
15. Tomorrow is "Holy Humor Sunday" at church... That oughta be good!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin