Saturday, April 25, 2009

Surprise!

Well, I finally got to surprise my hubby last night - and it was so fun! I dropped the dog off at my parents' house (Grandma and Grandpa to her...), and came home to pack our overnight bags. Mike knew something was up, thanks to a certain someone (you know who you are!) - but had no idea what. I kidnapped him into the city, went to Kieran's Irish pub for dinner, drinks, and a live Irish band -- we spent the evening enjoying each other's company and celebrating the fact that we have been together for 10 years! (That's almost a third of our lives - crazy!)

I made him a photo book of the last ten years as a gift - that was hilarious all on it's own! I didn't realize that when we started dating we were poor college kids with only cheap cameras (and no, they weren't digital - no editing and deleting the bad pictures!)... So the pictures in the book get MUCH better as the years go on... And I must say, I think we do too. Ha ha ha. That's a good feeling, thinking you're better looking at thirty-something than you were at twenty-something!











This morning, we slept in, walked to our favorite breakfast spot in Minneapolis - Spoonriver - Yum! Then spent the day walking all over the city! We even went to the Walker Sculpture Garden... But the cherry was gone! It was being re-painted, I think. It's just not the same without the cherry on the spoon...
We ended the evening by meeting up with some friends for cheese and wine, and heading to Gameworks for some good old-fashioned darts and arcade games (I kicked-butt in "street luge")! A fun day - but extremely tiring... And I've got blisters on my feet to prove it!

All-in-all, a wonderful weekend of putting everything else aside... No talk about work, just enjoying walking, laughing, good music, playing, and friends.

Things I am thankful for today:

1. The hubby loved his surprise.
2. A wonderful Reuban sandwich!
3. The band, "St. Dominic's Trio" - a Van Morrison cover band. Good stuff!
4. A nice hotel - with comfy beds. A great night's sleep!
5. The weather held - no rain while walking the city!
6. Minneapolis - a great city!
7. Friends Beth and Barb - so fun to hang out with them again!
8. People-watching in the city. Gotta love it!
9. The Gutherie Theatre's "Endless Bridge" - so cool.
10. Ten years of love and adventure. I'm a lucky girl!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

10 years together?? How many married? Sounds wonderful! You sure packed alot into the weekend!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Congratulations Meg. Sounds like a fun, fun weekend! About how long my hubby and I have been together. It's amazing!

Megs said...

Yep - 10 years! Only 5 1/2 married. The first 3 were long distance, so the fact we made it is a miracle! LOL

Terry Walsh said...

St Dominic's Trio is honored to have been a part of your big weekend! Cheers!

Mike said...

Can you start righting about how much you love Patagonia, The Baptism River Inn, import beers, backpacking, Ben Harper, and tons of cash laying around the house please? Such a celeb this days....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin