Monday, April 27, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - April 27th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... another grey Monday! A new house is being built across the street, the foundation was poured over the weekend... and it seems even the construction workers don't feel like working on such a dreary day...
I am thinking... it's time to make my appointment for my yearly massage and facial day with Em!
I am thankful... people who jump in and help where needed - our mission day-trip team, a friend from church buying groceries for someone else when needed, John jumping into action to see what we can do for this person, blogs that immediately reach out to pray and help others. People are so good.
From the kitchen... more Holly Clegg recipes will be coming soon! Because I mentioned one of her recipes on my blog last week, this blog was mentioned on her web page, and she will be sending me a new cookbook! So exciting!
I am wearing... pjs... still... I'm still exhausted, it's dreary out, and I'm working from home today...
I am creating... a orderly and clean home today. Everything got left undone over the weekend... The dishes are piling up, dog toys everywhere, flowers from Easter are dying... Yuck. Time to clean!!!
I am going... to mail a package of goodies to my sister, Emily, and my niece, Finley, this week. I am a horrible sister and aunt and am TERRIBLY late on the birthdays this year!
I am reading... "The Year of Living Biblically" - very funny.
I am hoping... to exercise today - as long as my blisters can handle it! Ick.
I am hearing... the dog snoring... My family must have really wore her out this weekend - she's been snoring so LOUD last night and today! LOL
Around the house... so much to do... (For those of you who don't know me personally, I'm a neat freak. I can't handle dirty dishes on the counter, full waste baskets, dust, etc. I get a lot more work done, and enjoy relaxing much easier when the house is neat and clean. And yes, for this I get much teasing.)
One of my favorite things... well, while we're on the cleaning thing - Clorox counter wipes. My husband says I'm addicted. That might be true. Anyone know of a Counter Wipes Anonymous group?
A few plans for the rest of the week... One-on-ones with youth group kids, book group, lunch with Norma, maybe some hiking this weekend, another busy Sunday (leading worship at the other church!)...
Here is picture thought I am sharing... a picture from the night before our wedding... LOL It was Halloween, so the rehearsal dinner was a costume party! This is the wedding party out for some fun after the dinner. So silly - and so fun!
(Phil the gypsy, Amanda the old lady, Steve the tin-man, Megan the Barbie, Sam the cheerleader, Emily the cheerleader, Mike the GI Joe, and Andy the hippy)

Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions! I rarely post there, I just like the simple questions.

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Sleeping in.
2. A clean house.
3. Being able to work through some issues at work.
4. Friends who jump into action when needed.
5. Melissa is getting medical attention for her pain! (Pray for her on Tuesday for her doctor's appointments.)
6. Prayer.
7. Feeling helpless - remind me of how much I need to trust God.
8. Sun peaking through the clouds.
9. My little seed starters getting bigger and bigger!
10. Popcorn.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin