Monday, April 20, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, April 20th edition

For Today...

Outside my window... a grey and dreary day. This has got to end! It's sapping my energy and making me want to sleep the day away!
I am thinking... I have so much to do this week. I preaching at both churches over the next two weeks and have so much planning to do - all on top of a busy weekend anyway!
I am thankful... for a fun weekend with friends and family, and for my new work opportunities!
From the kitchen... a whole lot of nothin'. We need to go grocery shopping!!! (But there's a chance we're grilling out tonight - kabobs! Mmmmm.)
I am wearing... my workout clothes. I'm slowly gearing up...
I am creating... worship bulletins and sermons. (I actually really like to do this - the planning stage is really fun for me!)
I am going... to surprise my hubby this weekend. Fun fun fun!
I am reading... "The Year of Living Biblically" - very funny.
I am hoping... to win the lottery! (Just kidding - I don't even play...)
I am hearing... construction equipment across the street. Annoying!
Around the house... piles of stuff are waiting to be sorted and donated, after cleaning out the garage yesterday. I love to purge stuff!
One of my favorite things... the dog sleeping with her frisbee. April through October, this is her FAVORITE toy. She carries it around, she meets my hubby at the door with it - and she even sleeps on it... So cute.
A few plans for the rest of the week... book group, church meetings, surprises, a game night with the hubby's friends, and a busy Sunday!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... kabobs... One of my favorites!Visit the Simple Woman’s Daybook, for more women's answers to these questions! I rarely post there, I just like the simple questions.

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Warm clothes - it's cold here!
2. The hubby went grocery shopping!
3. The hubby is making dinner!
4. Progress on this Sunday's worship service.
5. A note from my dear friend, Cheryl.
6. The blog, "Pause." I love her musings - check them out!
7. I have international "followers." How cool! (Welcome, ladies!)
8. The hubby took care of me today while I felt "blah."
9. A glass of wine + clean sheets on the bed = a good night's sleep.
10. Little sis, Kayla, got captain of her speech team AND was voted "most dedicated team member!" So proud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am home "sick" I planned the day...but then did get sick...headache and icky other stuff... so my point being is I slept til 11..I am thrilled about your "new" job...congrats! Also...how far have you read? I told Carol she could only read the first chapter so don't bust me out! lol

Carol E. said...

Did Beth read past our place??? I exercised extreme self control and did not!

Thought you'd like to see this:
http://tubaville.wordpress.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin