Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hair

Ha ha ha! My daily reading in "Simple Abundance" had to do with the never-ending fight that every woman has with her hair! I know that war, oh-so-well! I thought I'd share a little:

"A woman's hair has for centuries been called her 'crowning glory,' but every woman I know speaks of her intimate relationship with her hair as a nightmare. I don't know any woman personally who really loves her hair, just women who cope. Hair is a living, powerful, mercurial, metaphysical energy force to be respected, reckoned with, and reconciled to, but it cannot be controlled any more than atomic fusion. Occasionally, it can be cajoled into becoming conduct (we refer to these lapses as 'good hair days') but it can never be coerced. Think of all the money, time, creative energy, and emotion we invest in our hair. Yet most of the time it insists on expressing its authenticity, not necessarily ours. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted from the mini skirmishes I wage with life every day, and the battle with my hair is not the least of them."
--Simple Abundance

Ha ha ha! Geesh. I have dealt with the horror of frizz and curl and wave all my life! I was looking through old pictures last weekend... and there are some doozies! Maybe, if I'm brave enough and in a silly enough mood, I'll post some later...

Do you have secrets to taming your locks? If so, do share! Especially us women - we need to band together in the war against the untameable!

Wishing you the elusive 'good hair day'!
Megs

How cool is this? I made a word cloud of the things I have been thankful for this week:
Wordle: Gratitude

Check it out at http://www.wordle.net/!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Cinnamon toast - Mmmm...
2. The Year of Living Biblically - a very funny book!
3. Seeing an old friend today.
4. Laughing with Diane.
5. Paychecks.
6. Bluebirds.
7. Reading outside.
8. Getting new music - yeah for itune giftcards!
9. Plans with friends this weekend!
10. The hubby's surprise came today!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

as long as there are no mirrors I am good! haha

Your blog came up in Bible Study last night! he he!

Melissa Kaye said...

LOL. I love Aveda shampoos and conditioners. The frizz factor goes WAY down when I use that. And when all else fails....a ponytailer is my best friend!

Carol E. said...

How timely. Did you see me this morning and decide the time was right to post this? I hated my hair all day long. So after work, I marched into my hair salon and got it cut! It looks great right now, but wait until it's up to ME to fix it again tomorrow. I guarantee it'll be another bad hair day.

Megs said...

YES! Aveda products are my life-saver, too! Wanna know something kind of funny? I wrote this post before I got ready for work today... and it was a GOOD hair day! LOL

Mom said...

I'm waiting for the pics Megan!!!----of your various hairstyles!!!!

Carol E. said...

Life in the Parsonage talks about hair, too. Funny coinkydinks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin