Thursday, April 2, 2009

Imaginary Selves

"What are you going to be when you grow up?... If you had ten other lives to lead, what would you be doing?... One of your secret selves might reveal a passionate wish. Your secret imaginary lives are full of surprises. Be open to gleaning their secrets of personal style."
--Simple Abundance

My ten other selves:
1. A Naturalist. Playing outside everyday, wearing loose, comfortable clothing, hiking boots, tan skin, and carefree!
2. An Artist. Eclectic, unique, colorful, and whimsical.
3. An Athlete. Toned and beautiful, fitted clothes, summer dresses.
4. A Bed and Breakfast Host. Welcoming, home-y, comfortable, warm, and social.
5. A World-Traveler. Knowledgable, wise, adventurous, exciting, risk-taking.
6. A Country-Bumpkin. (LOL) Growing, harvesting, making, sustaining, enjoying the beauty that surrounds me.
7. A City-Dweller. Walking, biking, fast-paced, neighborly, active, cultural.
8. A Mother. Nurturing, encouraging, creative, engulfed by love, sacrificing, messy.
9. A Writer. Imaginative, entertaining, contemplative, ideas.
10. A Book Store Owner. Friendly, relaxed, full of information, eventful, community.

What would you be in another life? What insights can you take from that in your current life? I'm curious... Have fun imagining!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. A seminar on Marriage and Ministry - I felt really good about both by the time I left!
2. Having boundaries.
3. Headaches are finally subsiding. (Fingers crossed!)
4. Cinnamint tea from Caribou Coffee.
5. Tiger McLuen's devotion to Youth Directors.
6. A BEAUTIFUL day!
7. Going for a walk with the hubby and the dog.
8. No plans for tomorrow - except a date with the hubby!
9. Starting to plan for the summer.
10. Strawberry yogurt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm I will have to think about this one... I have never really thought about it...well in the last year I have played around with some ideas...

Melissa Kaye said...

That's interesting. I like seeing the "other" yous. Is it sad that my first "other" that I can think of is A Fighter? I have a lot of spitfire in me that doesn't come out.

Love your thought-provoking blog!

Carol E. said...

Good food for thought. Maybe I'll list my other selves at my blog... after some thinking time.

Mom said...

Wait a minute--those are "my selves!!"---guess you can tell we are related!!! Only other one's I might put is a skinny pastry chef and a fantastic, organized homemaker--you know--everything is in place and organized,everything is clean (kinda like you!!!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin