Monday, January 28, 2013

Time

My reading today in Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin is about her decision to value Time more.  Realizing that time goes by too fast, and making intentional changes in her - and her family's - routines in order to cherish moments.

"I wanted a pace of life that was deliberate - that felt neither fast nor slow."

"But things never slowed down.  If I wanted a feeling of unhurriedness, I would have to create it now."

"I also wanted to make sure that my time reflected my values."

"I decided to stop making the excuse 'I don't have time to do that.'  I do have time, if I make time for the things that are important to me."

So, based on my desire to squeeze in more exercise, try meditation, and be more social...  I need to work on time management as well!  (And adjusting priorities.)

So, I'm going to try getting up half an hour earlier - and keep going to bed earlier.  And maybe, for now, schedule my days by the hour - with breaks for new things. 

I can do this.  No problem, right?!


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Snowy views out my window.
2.  The blessing of staying home today.
3.  Catching up on reading.
4.  A little time spent on projects around the house.
5.  Quiet.
6.  A clean house.
7.  Soduku.
8.  Hot showers.
9.  Finding forgotten gift cards!
10.  Looking forward to our tax returns!

QotD:  How do you describe home?
My sanctuary from the rest of the world.  When I am home with the hubby and the poodle, all is well in the world.  I am loved, valued, and never alone.  My parents have a plaque above their fireplace that says, "Let the world wag; for here we take our ease."  That's home.  I love it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin