Saturday, January 12, 2013

Accessories

Question of the Days...

Yesterday's:  Today I have lost...
The ability to bake and cook and taste yummy foods...  For the next 6 months.  Bah humbug!  Yes, I'm starting a new weight loss journey.  This one cuts out a lot of stuff during the "loss phase," so here we go! 

Last night I enjoyed my last pizza, beer, and chocolate for awhile.  It was well worth it! 
Wish me luck!

Today's:  What's your favorite accessory?
Hmmm...  I'm not really into accessories most of the time.  Not much for jewelry (just my engagement ring, wedding band, "faith" ring, and earrings); not into purses and bags (at least, not for the status reasons); I do wear scarves (although, I still have no idea how to tie them in creative ways!)...

The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines "accessory" as:  an object or device not essential in itself but adding to the beauty, convenience, or effectiveness of something else.

I think my favorite accessory may not be a "what" but a "who..."  I think the people I surround myself with do an excellant job adding to my beauty, confidence, and effectiveness!  Their grace, laughter, wisdom, energy, enthusiasm, love, generosity, honesty, faith, and friendship make me who I am.  They are my accessories in life (and maybe, occasionally, in crime!)...  Although, I would say they are essential! 


Things I am thankful for today:

1.  A good start.
2.  Watching "The King's Speech."
3.  Cleaning out and organizing my closet.
4.  A comparison of my hubby to Vin Diesel.  Made me chuckle.
5.  Almost through season 2 of "Downton Abby!"
6.  Having dinner with friends beginning an uphill battle...  Good to see their spirits so strong!
7.  Looking forward to spending some time with friends this week!
8.  Warm, cozy blankets.
9.  Smooth, shiny hair (doesn't happen very often!).
10.  Puppy cuddles.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin