Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Change

Still sick...  Very.  Icky. 

So...  Question of the Day:
Can people change?
 
Hmmm...  My answer would have to be "Yes."
 
When Mike and I met, he was crazy organized, everything had to happen a certain way, at a certain time, and had to meet his expectations - no exceptions.  I, on the other hand, was the free spirit that never worried about expectations - it was all about living in the moment and enjoying life.  Who cares if I was on time or did what I was expected?
 
Yeah...  Over the last 13 years, we've met in the middle.  He's more spontaneous and laid back, willing to accept people and situations for what they are; and I'm more organized and responsible, expecting accountability and respect from myself and others.
 
It's a process.  It's not easy.  But I do believe people can change.  I see it in my job all the time - people who seek to do better and be better - with the right support and lots of faith, make it happen.
 
Life changes us.  Love changes us. 
 
So...  Yes.
 
 
Things I am thankful for today:
 
1.  Saltines.
2.  A comfy couch.
3.  A cuddly poodle.
4.  Watching old "LOST" epidsodes!
5.  Sleep.
6.  My new pillow.
7.  Flexible schedules.
8.  The hubby telling me I'm "not scary."  And me responding, "I'll breathe on you!"
9.  Friends checking up on me.
10.  That we can - and do - change!  My life is better for it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin